Saturday, November 23, 2013

New Ronak Fry Centre, Ahmedabad

New Ronak Fry Centre
Near Fatewadi Bus Stop - opp side of the road and a little further away
Juhapura,
Sarkhej,
Ahmedabad
+91 9924446061

I headed to New Ronak Fry Centre to hunt for Tandoori Chicken on the recommendation of a friend (VD on Zomato), instead of my usual Shawai chicken from Magic Chicken.



I normally have no issues heading anywhere for good food, but for the first time in Ahmedabad, I was made aware of the fact that I was a single woman headed into an eatery (can't call it a restaurant - cooking is on the road and they have about 10 tables, some inside, some outside) filled to the brim with men.

However, given VD's strong recommendation, I just ignored the stares, ordered a tandoori chicken and gurda fry and waited. I have to say that the staff at the restaurant was polite, it was just some of the other customers that made me a little uncomfortable (but not unsafe)


The discomfort was completely worth it, when I opened the package at home. This is absolutely the best tandoori chicken I have ever had in Ahmedabad. Spicy, tender, juicy.

The bill for 1 whole tandoori chicken and a gurda fry was 210/-

The place is extremely basic, so I wouldn't recommend even attempting to sit down here and eat, even if you are a college student used to eating at low budget eateries.


They have quite a few options, but no menu as such, you have to ask the guy what he has, like a Udupi restaurant without a menu and ask for the prices, if you want to clarify. Chicken lollypop, manchurian, chilly, fried rice, hakka noodles, fry, tikka, biryani and butter chicken are what I remember.

I've been told to try their chicken butter fry. The description sounds quite unhealthy, but completely worth it.

I keep going back. I've picked up tandoori chicken from here when my family was over and they too loved it.

I've also found that the tandoori chicken from this new outlet is much more tender and juicy than the original.

I've also been given an insider tip, that if you want it really spicy - ask for the double masala tandoori chicken.

They open around 7 in the evening and are open till quite late.

Note: Given the general hygiene, its safe to have the cooked food (that is cooked on high heat) Avoid the salad and use your own lemons at home if you want to add lime juice.

Rating : 4 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis