Friday, June 06, 2014

The Eatery - Four Points by Sheraton, Ahmedabad

The Eatery - Four Points by Sheraton
Opposite Gujarat College,
Ellis Bridge,
Ahmedabad
079 30912345


Finally headed to "The Eatery" after a stop at the Railway Station. We have been wanting to go here for awhile, but it just felt a bit out of the way and we were saving it for an occasion when we were already in that area.

I've been here before when it was owned by Royal Orchid and enjoyed the food, but I hadn't been back since Sheraton took over the management.

We had heard a lot about the buffet, but sadly the lunch buffet on Saturday was pure veg. (dinner buffet and Sunday Brunch includes non-veg), so we just decided to order a la carte. I have to say that they serve the best dal makhni in town. Desi Route is now a distant second. We also had the tariwala chicken that was excellent. A homestyle gravy with a hint of sour and spicy, it went perfectly with the tandoori and roomali rotis.

For myself, I ordered the lamb chops and I have to say that these were the best lamb chops I have eaten in Ahmedabad. They were not fatty, but meaty and the meat was extremely soft, that I didn't even need a steak knife for it. Also since the chops themselves did not have too much meat of their own, an additional slow broiled meaty piece of lamb was also added to the plate, so it wouldn't be too sparse and I think that this was an excellent idea.

Executive chef Karan was hugely enthusiastic and it was a pleasure to meet him and see his love for food.

I don't think we will be considering distance anymore, when we decide to head to The Eatery for a meal, the food is worth the travel time and distance for sure. When I have been too busy eating to take more pictures of the food, you can be assured that the food was really good :)

Rating : 4 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis